Hong Kong Legal League

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hong Kong Legal League
Hong Kong Legal League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hong Kong Legal League

Hong Kong Legal League Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predictions for 20 January 2007

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Predictions for 20 January 2007 Empty Predictions for 20 January 2007 Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:05 pm

Comeonyou'Orns

Comeonyou'Orns

Spartans 1 v 2 Monopoly

The inconsistent Monopoly are one of those teams that step up against the “Big 4” and disappoint against the rest.

Spartans lose some of their goal threat with Benito Renfrum in defence so I cannot see Spartans scoring a hatful. If their last game is anything to go by, the Sparts will be relying again on the cool finishing of Carlos Sales and the brilliance of Richard Avery between the sticks.

JLeaguers 3 v 1 Legal Head

Legals, unbeaten in 2007, appear to be a tough team to break down without Tunners. The stats don’t lie. This won’t be a cakewalk for JLeaguers but they will have just enough quality to win this. Legals are beginning to show some goal threat of late and I hope they score to reduce my workload calculating clean sheet fantasy stats.

BoCs 2 v 3 Revolution

This has goalfest written all over it.

Revolution have a big squad for Saturday, which is not always a good thing and can prove disruptive. The loss against Spartans was, to the neutral observer, a travesty of justice and BoCs might be facing a backlash this weekend.

BoCs do have the advantage of having a game under their belts since Christmas and they ought to be that much fitter and sharper than a Revolution side that has done nothing but scoff turkey and mince pies for four weeks.

Jason Lee just keeps on scoring and his slow rise up the golden boot and fantasy points charts is testament to his longevity and Legal League legendary status. Perhaps, he ought to be the first inductee to the Legal League Hall of Fame?

AdW 1 v PAFC 2

Much depends on how many of the Squadron contingent will be present for AdW, who were unlucky to lose to Mes a few weeks back, AdW definitely have the firepower to upset the Champions. On their day, AdW are arguably the best team in the league.

I’ve still gone for a PAFC win however due to home advantage at fortress Sai Kung and their knack of grinding out wins with their small, close-knit squad. That team spirit goes a long way.

This, for me, is the game of the weekend in terms of quality. If it were at another venue, I would have gone for an AdW win.

HKAE 0 Mes Amis 4

Mes are on a high after beating BoCs, even without the services of Henry Turner. Will he be playing this Saturday? Do they need him? I don’t think they are that reliant on Henry in the same way that BoCs rely on Jase.

There’s too much quality in depth in the Mes squad and this could be a very high scoring win against a HKAE side that struggled to break down Legals in their last league match.

Louman

2Predictions for 20 January 2007 Empty Re: Predictions for 20 January 2007 Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:25 pm

wanchai forest

wanchai forest

Spartans v Monopoly
Spartans "big 4" wow forest will take that any time, that's almost half of the comp. Should be tough game but really need to follow our gutsy win again Revo with another win.
Spartans win of course.

JLeaguers v Legal Head.
Should be a lot closer this time round, the new astro at Sandy Bay will suit Legal Head but I can see a draw here.
Draw.

Boc vs Revo.
Even with fast Eddie....Revo's lack of finishing will be their undoing. Boc really are inconsistent and if understrength will really struggle against a much more committed Revo team. Another draw is on the cards here for mine.
Draw.

ADW v PAFC
At Sai Kung PAFC are strong favourites for mine. I can see a big goal fest in PAFC way in this.
PAFC win.

Mes vs HKAE
A lot closer than what people expect HKAE are improving side and if Mes without their maestro Blonde Turner could struggle here.
Mes in a close one.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum